Partner – Media & Entertainment
- BSL.LLB- ILS Law College, Pune (2010)
- Member: Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa
During her career span, Anushree has been involved in advising some of the leading studios, broadcasters, production houses, talent management companies, music labels, content aggregators, digital platforms, celebrities, e-commerce platforms, distributors, animation companies, event organizers and trade associations.
Anushree is experienced in structuring complex transactions and providing advisory across various issues concerning the Media, Entertainment and IT sector. She has been involved in some of the path-breaking litigations in the media and entertainment industry including copyright and trademark infringement matters, film censorship matters, John Doe orders, et all.
Anushree is also the founder of IPRMENTLAW, a knowledge sharing initiative in IPR, Media & Entertainment law (IPRMENT) sector, which is considered to be the go to platform for Media and Entertainment updates, blog, judgements and contractual knowledge.
Areas of Practice:
- Media & Entertainment Laws- transactional and litigation
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Information Technology
- Telecommunication laws
- Gaming Laws
Anushree has authored:
- ‘5 snags faced by India’s fast evolving M&E Industry’ published by ‘The Kolkata Protector’ magazine, March-April, 2018 edition
- Several articles for India’s leading film trade magazine ‘The Film Information’ including
- ‘IPRS-An Unsolved Mystery’,
- ‘Content Regulation on OTT Platforms: To Censor or not to Censor?
- Issue of violation of moral rights by recreated versions – Ghar Se Nikalte Hi issue
- Cinematograph Amendment Bill, 2018- Salient Features
- Contributed in authoring ‘The Role and Rule of Law’- published by Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) in 2012 and 2014
- Contributed in authoring ‘360 degrees of law on Cinematograph Works’ published at NFDC Film Bazaar 2014
- Contributed in authoring ‘Behind the Scenes-Film & Television Trade Associations in India-An overview of film and other labor laws concerning film and other trade associations in India’ published at NFDC Film Bazaar in 2015
Anushree has been involved in giving guest lectures at ILS Law College, Pune on various topics concerning the media and entertainment industry.